Friday, January 27, 1989

Sheddin' That Skin

It’s common nature, to cry all alone when your soul’s lost it’s throne
But you have to look on, though you fall like a brick in the hole you dug deep.

And now you’re sheddin’ that skin again.
Paradin’ your skeleton in the open again

So you discover, the secrets of life they’re not lies just surprise
And a lover was both pain and joy and they’re never the same.
And now you’re sheddin’ that skin again. Paradin’ your skeleton in the open again.
And they’re chasin’, chasin’, chasin’, chasin’
Chasin’ you like a dog
And they’d break you, break you, break you, break you
Break you if they could

The good, the evil, the black ‘n’ white
The north, the south, the peace the fight,
The Hyde in Jekyll, the wolf in man
They hide themselves the best they can

And now you’re sheddin’ that skin again
Paradin’ that skeleton in the open again

You’re a freak, a freak, a freak, a freak
Degenerate, immoral ‘n’ weak
They go round ‘n’ round ‘n’ round ‘n’ round
Send you mad, but stand stand proud

A thousand crazy savages, what can’t be cured must be endured
Powdered skin an’ oh black lace lace
Sit vacant eyes in a trying face
Pour slow words from a lonely heart

That last taste leaves a bitter tongue
A lonesome crowd in a golden age
An’ I’m not sure that I am me

An’ now you’re sheddin’ that skin again
Paradin’ you’re skeleton in the open again

An’ the way she walks is the way is the way I feel
An’ the way she looks is the way I talk
My eyes are filled with bags of dark
Lift my soul, make my body work

You never know when, you never know why
Listen too hard it’ll make you cry
I was born of two worlds an’ still I try
To reach from this one to the otherside

An’ now you’re sheddin’ that skin again
Paradin’ your skeleton in the open again


D-C-G
NPP c.1989